Tech Works For Us Privacy Notice permalink
Tech Works For Us is run by Martha Henson (Registered address 85 Great Portland street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT, company number n/a)
This privacy notice explains how our organisation uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website, attend our events, contact us by email, phone or letter, or otherwise use our services.
Martha Henson is the data controller for this website, registered with the ICO [awaiting ICO registration number confirmation]
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and publish any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 01/02/2023.
The type of personal information we collect permalink
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, names of people we work with and contact details like email and postal addresses if you get in touch with us)
- Website analytics data, (for example, IP addresses and semi-anonymised data about links clicked on the website)
- Photographs, video or screen recordings (for example, a recording of a video call for an online seminar)
- Structured and unstructured research data (for example, survey responses, or notes from interviews and meetings.)
- Information shared on social media sites (for example, your public posts, direct messages or your likes and follows)
- Business and financial information (for example, invoices and bank details for individuals we work with)
How we get personal information and why we have it permalink
Most of the personal information we collect and process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You contact us using the form on our website, or via email
- You reply to, DM or otherwise interact with our social media accounts
- You register online for a workshop, mentoring or other service
- You attend an in-person workshop, meeting or event
- You voluntarily complete a research survey or you agree to be interviewed as part of a research project
- You use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- You have a business relationship with us, and we need to use your contact details for our business and financial processes
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Someone we are working with may share your contact details so that we can run a workshop you participate in
- We take photographs or record a meeting or workshop for our own documentation
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- Respond to your enquiries and communication you share with us
- Email you with information about workshops and events you are attending
- Research and write reports to share knowledge with the wider industry
- Promote our services on our website and social media (for example, with photos of us at work)
- Run our business and financial operations
We may share this information with other organisations and individuals
- Partner organisations who we are working with, for example an organisation who support you within a programme we are part of.
- Organisations which provide professional services to us, for example business consultants, web hosting providers, advertising partners, marketing agencies,
- Law enforcement and other government authorities when we are legally obliged to for example tax offices and customs
The lawful basis for using your personal information permalink
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have your consent - when you have unambiguously and freely agreed to share your information with us. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting admin @ techworksforus.com
- We have a contractual obligation - when we have a contractual relationship with you to provide services you’ve requested, or have a contractual agreement with a supplier or a client to process your information.
- We have a legal obligation - when we need to store records of your consent or opt-out for using your data, or when a law enforcement authority uses its legal powers to make us share information.
- We have a legitimate interest - when we could not operate our business without processing your information in some way.
How we store your personal information permalink
We store your information in different ways depending on the type of data. It may be on secure remote servers, held locally on password protected devices or as hard-copies which will be filed in locked cabinets. We use secure, regularly updated passwords and two-factor authentication for services where available. Data transferred to remote servers will be sent over an encrypted connection.
We review the information we hold regularly, do not store it longer than necessary, and archive and delete data according to our retention policies.
We use third party services and online platforms to host our website, store files, host video calls and workshops, manage our finances, and deliver other business processes as part of our work. These services manage the data from these tools on our behalf, governed by the contracts we have with them, and their terms of service and privacy policies.
We may embed content from third party social sites, or from Google Documents; these may set third party cookies.
We are not currently using analytics
You can request to see a list of all of the services we use and why we use them, along with links to their privacy policies, where they store data, and the legal agreements governing that relationship.
If a platform or service we use has data centres outside the EU, we may transfer your information outside the European Economic Area. We take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is treated securely and is protected by EU Standard Contractual Clauses and data processing agreements.
How you can opt out of marketing permalink
If you have agreed to receive marketing email from us, you can still opt out at any time. We will include an unsubscribe link in any email we send, or you can contact us directly at admin @techworksforus.com to opt out.
We will not share your information with any third party for marketing purposes without your consent.
We use essential cookies to help our website work properly, including one which stores your consent to our use of these essential cookies.
Using Cookies helps us to:-
- remember if you’ve ticked the cookie opt in
- make forms work properly on the site
- show content from social media or video sites on our website
Analytics cookies have been disabled, but other servies may use functional and required cookies to keep the site running. Y
We may also embed content from social media sites like Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo or Twitter. These sites may set their own 3rd party social cookies. If you disable them, this embedded content might not work properly.
The ICO Website has good information about what cookies are, and how to opt out of them in your browser and across other websites.
Your data protection rights permalink
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at admin @ techworksforus.com or 85 Great Portland street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT if you wish to make a request. Please clearly mark that you are making a Subject Access Request (SAR) in the email or letter.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have a complaint about the way we have treated your personal information, please contact us first, as we would very much like to put any problems right.
Name: Martha Henson
Address: 85 Great Portland street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT
E-mail: admin @ techworksforus.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk